Monday, February 4, 2013

Would You Like Fries with That?

Yesterday was a lazy day. OD usually visits us; as I have hair shorter than my husband's now, I don't have hair to play with anymore. So, I paid OD back for all the years when she was little, and she would sit on the couch, I on the floor, and she'd do my hair. Most often, it was a style I couldn't wear out the door, but who doesn't love someone, especially their daughter, playing with their hair?

Of course, I did OD's hair nicely, trading her tight curls for loose ones. But it started off with a "Darwin Award" moment, when I grabbed the HOT BARREL of the curling iron instead of the handle!! Lord, she's lucky I didn't drop it on her head. I have some tight skin on my middle finger, but I got my hand under ice water right away.

Afterward, we took her to lunch at Steak N Shake. Frankly, I got sick of the place awhile ago, and they couldn't get my Chocolate Fudge Brownie Shake right TWICE, but I do enjoy their tiny little fries.

"Yes, I'll Have Some Fries" (16/365)

5 comments:

  1. Ouch!!! That was a close call with the curling iron!

    I loved having my daughter brush and play with my hair when it was longer. And long before that, the summer after I graduated from HS (back in the dark ages), I worked at a summer camp in CT, and my cabin full of homesick little 8-year-old girls would sit on the top step and I'd sit on the bottom step, and they'd giggle and style and braid my long hippie girl hair. (The nuns didn't approve, however.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day with your daughter :)
    I used to play with my mom's hair for hours! And most of those styles weren't suitable for going out either...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have totally done the same thing with the curling iron. My sister has nice hair that's fun to play with, but she never wants anyone to touch it! Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hhahah...so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like something I would do. I'm only surprised I haven't done that already! I did grab a piece of freshly soldered metal with my hand last week, though.

    ReplyDelete